Lemon balm oil is popularly known by the name of Melissa officinal. It is a lemon-scented herb that comes from the family of mint. The herb grows all around the world and is a native of Europe, North Africa, and West Asia.
Extraction of Lemon balm oil
Verdure Biotech is a leading supplier of Lemon Balm Oil. The oil is extracted from the leaves and top part of the plant by the process of steam distillation.
Properties of Lemon balm oil
It is yellow in colour, fresh and has an herbaceous scent. It acts as a sedative is anti-bacterial and antidepressant oil.
Uses of Lemon balm oil
Lemon balm oil helps in yielding the given uses as under the following:-
- Helpful in treating cold sores, so applied to the skin.
- Used to inhale in aromatherapy to cure Alzheimer’s disease.
- In food and beverages used for flavoring.
- Useful in diseases like attention deficit, hyperactivity disorder, and thyroid problems.
Benefits of Lemon balm oil
There are innumerable benefits of this oil as given under:-
- Helps to reduce stress level: Two capsules of 300 milligrams (mg) should be taken or one single dose of 600 milligrams can be taken to eliminate excessive pressure and stress in our daily life. It reduces pressure and any other condition which leads to anxiety disorder and mood swing problem.
- Boosts cognitive functions: Researches have found out that it helps in the functioning of brain. It enables and increases one’s thinking potentials,concentration level,mathematics,computerized task and tasks relating to memory. Overall it increases the level of performance and alertness.
- Relives from insomnia and other sleeping disorders: It is very beneficial in case of profound sleep disorder and any kind of restlessness associated with conditions of acute insomnia. Researchers have found out that if tea brewed with lemon balm oil is taken or proper medical treatment is provided then it induces deep sleep.