- Cyproil oil is also known as nagarmotha oil. It is of Indian origin. It is used as an insect repellent. It helps in lightening the skin pigment known as melanin. It is used by Ayurveda doctors for the preparation of nutgrass to treat various skin conditions i.e. itching, fungus infestation, rashes & herpes. It is used in culinary spices, perfumes & in making incense sticks.
It is extracted by steam distillation method.
It blends well with Clary sage, bergamot, patchouli, and labdanum
- It is used to cure diarrhea & digestive problems
- It is beneficial in mucus, scabies & scanty periods
- It is effective in killing worms
- It is used as nerve binder & general tonic
- It works against intestinal bleeding & non-specific colitis
- It is effective in treating fever, skin disease & uric acid-related illnesses
- It is beneficial in curing painful menstruation, kidney stones & general debility
- It is used in improving eyesight & eye-related ailments
- It is used in perfumes & incense sticks
Pregnant & breastfeeding women should avoid it.