Made from the wood of Rosewood tree, the Rosewood Essential Oil has a fruity and woody scent to it. It is one of the rare wood scents that smells exotic and wonderful. Widely used in the perfume industry, and it provides several benefits when you use it through aromatherapy sessions.
A process called steam distillation is used to produce rosewood essential oil, which gives it a thin or watery consistency. However, it is still powerful and concentrated. Therefore, you will need to dilute it every time with a carrier oil before using it for massage or any other topical use.
Rosewood essential oil has emerged to be one of the popular ingredients in cosmetic products. Do not contain any synthetic fragrances, colors, and preservatives. You can include it in your regular skincare routine without any doubts. Rosewood Essential oils easily blend well with many other essential oils belonging to the wood and floral family. However, do not forget to do a patch test on your elbow to check whether it suits your skin or not, especially after blending it with other concentrated oils.
Scientifically known as “Aniba Rosaeodora”,Rosewood essential oil works miracle for sensitive and damaged skin. It can be mixed with skincare routine products for the best results.
- It helps to overcome lethargy & apathy.
- It balances and uplifts mood.
- It cures chronic fatigue.
How to use
Massage: Rosewood essential oil can be used for massages. Mix 2-3 drops of the essential oil into a carrier oil and blend it well.
Add 4-5 drops of Rosewood essential oil to your bathtub or 3-4 drops to a bucket and swish the water gently to mix the oil well. If you have dry skin, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil along with the essential oil.
Use 4-5 drops of Rosewood essential oil in a diffuser bowl filled with three-quarters of water. Essential oils should never be burnt directly as the chemical structure can get changed with an incinerator.
- Rosewood essential oil is beneficial for oily skin. For facial massage add 2 drops of it with jojoba oil and massage gently. It can also be added to the facial water. After massaging with this place hot towel over your face for oil to seep in better and relax further.
- Rosewood essential oil helps in balancing emotions. Use it on a tissue paper or cotton balls and inhale.
- It can also be used as a perfume.