Tarragon is used in French cooking. It is used for treating insomnia, digestive disorders, hyperactivity & problems of the immune system. This oil is effective in handling menopausal hot flashes. It regulates blocked menstruation, treats abdominal pain & strengthens the immune system. It is used as a flavoring agent in many food varieties. It is also used as a fragrance component in soaps, perfumes, soaps & cosmetics.
It is extracted by steam distillation.
It blends well with Cardamom, Clary Sage, Lavender, Marjoram, Oregano, Hyssop, Peppermint, Lemon, Lime, Bergamot, Pine, Cypress, Juniper, and Thyme.
- It contains beneficial nutrients
- It helps in decreasing blood sugar by improving insulin sensitivity
- It improves sleep and regulates sleep patterns
- It increases appetite by reducing leptin levels
- It helps in relieving pain associated with conditions like osteoarthritis
- It has antibacterial properties and prevents foodborne illness
Pregnant & breastfeeding women should avoid it.