A marigold variety, Tagetes Oil is derived from the herbaceous plant Tagetes minuta, a part of Sunflower family. Tagetes lucida is another major variety of the plant family that is used to obtain this oil while several less-known species are also available. The oil is used across multiple applications ranging from fragrances to health benefits and as an insect repellent.
Extraction of Tagetes Oil
Primarily, the oil is extracted through steam distillation process by using fresh flowering plants of the plant that are crushed after drying. At Verdure Biotech, we use industry-recommended extraction and manufacturing techniques to create 100% pure variety of the oil. The oil is ordered by some of the leading brands from different parts of the world due to our reasonable pricing and quality.
Properties of Tagetes Oil
Tagetes Oil is a viscous fluid that comes with thin density and light, sweet-smelling odor. In terms of appearance, the oil is yellowish and pale. Some of the oil’s main constituents include Dihydrotagetone, Limonene, myrcene, β-caryophyllene, (Z)-β-ocimene, (Z)-ocimenone, (E)-ocimenone, (Z)-Tagetone, and (E)-Tagetone.
Uses of Tagetes Oil
Some of the common uses of the oil include:
- As a common ingredient in creams and body lotions
- As an ingredient in the manufacturing of storage chemicals that are used to keep parasites and insects away from storage spaces
- In strongly anti-biotic medicines to treat viral diseases
- As a disinfectant
- As a sedative for elder people suffering from insomnia
Benefits of Tagetes Oil
- Prevention from Microbial Infections: Tagetes Oil prevents microbes from growing to protect the body from infections in cases of diseases caused by fungi, protozoa, or bacteria.
- Inhibition of Biotic Growth: With its strong anti-biotic properties, the oil prevents the growth of harmful biotics for the human body including parasites like worms as well as bacteria, protozoa, and fungi.
- Relief from Spasms: The relaxant nature of Tagetes Oil helps relax all spasm types in the body, providing it relief from spasmodic cramps, diarrhea, coughs, and convulsions.