As one of the most illustrious essential oil also referred to as the Oil of Pharaohs, Black Seed Oil is a major source of nutrients required for the body to function properly. Having an extensive medicinal value, the oil is an ideal remedy for various health issues. It is extracted through the process of cold pressing and squeezing the seeds of Nigella sativa, a small plant that grows in the Middle East, Western Asia, and Eastern Europe. Cold pressing at a low temperature through a chemical-free process helps retain the chemical composition of this oil.
Composition of Black Seed Oil is Calcium, iron, thymoquinone, linoleic acid, nigellone, oleic acid, potassium, zinc, selenium, magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin B, niacin, vitamin B2, and vitamin C.
Main Constituents : Oleic
Black Seed oil blends with all Essential Oils.
Uses of Black Seed Oil
- The oil is used as a cure for various health issues
- It helps reduce blood pressure, cholesterol level, and treat cancer
- Black Seed Oil is also used in the preparation of various desserts and cuisines as a flavoring agent
- It is also used in cooking to add a spicy touch to pickles, bread, and curry dishes
- The oil has been known to fight various diseases by increasing immune cell and bone marrow production
- Dry skin
- Dry hair
- Hair growth
- Digestive disorders
- High blood pressure
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Reducing inflammation
- Used in headache and toothache
- Restrained intestinal worms
- Cures nasal congestion
- Used for the treatment of conjunctivitis of eyes
- Used in constipation and dysentery
- Used for the treatment of diarrhea and colic
- Used in cold, flu and swine flu
- Used for the treatment of the respiratory disorder
- Used in asthma, cough, bronchitis, and emphysema
- Used for the treatment of cancer
- Boosts the immune system of the body
- Lowers the blood pressure
- Reduces the cholesterol level of the body
Benefits of Black Seed Oil
The oil is widely used for offering a number of benefits for skin, weight loss, health, and more.
- Helps Fight Inflammation : The oil is known to target and reduce inflammation. Being in use for medicine, cosmetics, and food, the Black Seed Oil also comprises substances that aid in the protection of cells from damage.
- Helps Treat Allergies : According to a small study, the oil has been found to reduce (eliminate in some cases) symptoms of a stuffy nose, itchy eyes, and sneezing among people suffering from allergic rhinitis (hay fever).
- Effective against Acne : In addition to being used against psoriasis, skin inflammation, and rashes, the oil is also suggested to be as effective as benzoyl for treating acne.
- Fights Cancer : Black Seed Oil is extracted from the seeds of a plant named Nigella sativa that is packed with thymoquinone, a compound with cancer-fighting powers. Use of the oil has been found to reduce the size, as well as slow the growth of, tumors as well as protect tissues from radiation damage.
- Control Asthma Symptoms : Another small study established the fact that the use of Black Seed Oil works better than other treatments in controlling asthma symptoms.
- Beneficial for Heart-related Conditions : Seeds of the oil’s parent plant have been in use across various parts of the world as a traditional medicine for conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, and obesity. However, supplements made using the seeds are found to lower levels of blood fats (triglycerides) and cholesterol.
- Weight Loss Benefits : Black seed supplementation is also found to help lower the body mass index (BMI) without any severe side effects noticed.
- Skin Benefits : Black Seed oil is also considered beneficial for people with skin conditions such as eczema. It also helps soften the skin, serves as a moisturizer, and hydrates hair.
- Promotes a clear-looking complexion
- Cleaner for acne-prone skin
- Cleans and hydrates skin
How to Apply Black Seed Oil
The Black Seed essential oil has different uses and the application depends on the usages. Most commonly Black Seed oil is used in skincare & in oil burners as a calming fragrance. Dilute the essential oils with a carrier oil for the best results as they are very concentrated. Carrier oil mix well with essential oils and helps take them within the skin.
- Keep away from children.
- If pregnant or nursing, consult your doctor.
- Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.