Turmeric Oil is an essential oil, native to Asia and is extracted from the turmeric plant, known as Curcuma Longa, scientifically, and belongs to the Zingiberaceae family. It is a staple spice found in most of the Indian and Asian cuisines. Brimming with powerful phytochemicals and antioxidants, it has undeniable health benefits and uses.
Extraction of Turmeric Oil
Turmeric Oil is extracted from the roots of the turmeric plant, called rhizomes by the simple process of steam distillation. Turmeric Oil is extracted and completely free of any kind of solvents.
Properties of Turmeric Oil
It is a pale yellow reddish-brown oil, with a spicy rich woody aroma.The yellow color of turmeric is due to the presence of 3-5% of curcuminoids, and it includes Curcuma as a major bioactive element, bisdemethoxycurcumin, cyclocurcumin, and desmethoxycurcumin.
Uses of Turmeric Oil
There are innumerable uses of turmeric oil, as given below:-
- It is used in abundant amount by the pharmaceutical company
- The oil has aromatherapy properties; it helps to reduce stress and anxiety
- This essential oil is good for hair and skin
- Inhalation of this specific oil boosts memory and enhances concentration power
- For teeth and oral health also it is too good
Benefits of Turmeric Oil
There are many benefits of turmeric oil which are listed below:-
- Useful for the brain : Turmeric Oil is very good for the brain. It fights any kind of nervous and cognitive disorder. It is useful in fighting dementia, Alzheimer disease and any kind of depression.
- Reduces inflammation : The oil reduces inflammation problems like muscle ache, arthritis, chronic digestive inflammation. It can easily be mixed with the Olive Oil or Almond oil and can be applied to the affected area.
- Turmeric oil for detoxification : Research has proved that the liver is the most important organ that helps in detoxification. Turmeric,consumed in an accurate amount regularly is healthy not only for the liver but also beneficial in removing all the toxins from the body.